Session 1. Climate Change and the Carbon Cycle
- What is carbon and why is it important?
- How is carbon cycled in the environment naturally?
- How does human activity add carbon to the atmosphere?
- What is the impact of adding excess carbon to the atmosphere?
- What is the process called that produces carbon dioxide as a by-product in car engines?
- Are there any other processes that produce carbon dioxide?
- The air is approximately 0.033% carbon dioxide why is it important that there is this amount of carbon dioxide in the air?
- What effect does carbon dioxide produce in the atmosphere and why has this become such a big problem?